Lab Project Humanoid Robots (Freiburg, Winter 2007/2008)
robots enjoy increasing popularity as a research tool. One of the
applications for humanoid robots is soccer.
The aim of this lab project is to
develop new control software for the NimbRo KidSize 2007 robots, which
RoboCup 2007 Humanoid soccer competitions. This includes components for
infrastructure, for perception, and for behavior control.
will be organized in a team and MS Robotics Studio will be used as
Requirements and Information
- Organizers: Dr.
Sven Behnke and Jörg
- The lab project is restricted to 8 participants.
- Regular meetings will be Tuesdays and Thursdays 6pm c.t.
- Programming experience is required.
- The participants will work together in groups of 2-3
- In addition to the implementation of a software component,
each group will need to
- make a midterm and a final presentation and
- write a project report.
- Martin Gloderer
- Thomas Mayer
- Eugen Mayer
- Florian Pommerening
- Tilman Thiry
- Philipp Vath
- Sven Wehner
- Richard Zahoransky
2007 robots: Rudi, Lothar, and Jürgen
The NimbRo KidSize 2007 robots have 20 joints. They are 60cm tall and
have a total weight of 4kg. The robots are equipped with three
wide-angle cameras and an attitude sensor. The fully autonomous robots
are controlled by a tiny PC and communicate via WLAN.
Computer Science, Departments: I,